Friday, May 8, 2009

If I Were a Diaper Bag

After a hideously long Friday at work, I'm all too happy to relax and unwind with a cup of coffee and write today's post. Somehow, between a combination of general goofing off and planning to have Momma Friends over last night for drinks, I managed to leave most of my week's worth of work until today. Big mistake. Combined with an advertising deadline that I didn't really know I had until about 4pm on Wednesday. I'm happy to say that I managed to meet my ad deadline this morning, have gotten most of my work accomplished and am now waiting for my incredibley good natured husband to arrive with my company's Mother's Day promotional give-away. So here I sit, with a few minutes, to kill. Since yesterday was about my new favorite diapers, me-thinks that today should be about the fabulous item we all tote them about in - The Diaper Bag.

Shameless plug for company shown above.

I don't know about you, but when my son was born, my Dooney and Bourke Signature Quilt Bucket Bag went in the closet. I can barely fit a bottle in there, nevermind the other 10 pounds of stuff I lug around for Andy. I knew this was going to happen, so at 8 1/2 months of pregnancy, my due date baring down on me, I purchased an equally fabulous diaper bag. Enter my OiOi Tweed Messenger Bag. Fabulous enough for me, manly enough that my husband needn't blush when he's forced to carry it. Two insulated bottle pockets, a changing pad, a wipes container and a wet bag; This thing has it all! I distinctly remember thinking, "This thing is huge. I'll never fill it up." Ha!

My days of travelling lightly are officially over for the next, oh, 10 or 15 years. These days, that poor bag is stuffed to the gills: Full change of clothes (including socks, because, yes, they'll stick their foot in poo), bottles, thermos of warm water for mixing formula, diapers (duh), wipes, the list goes on. I haven't seen the bottom of that bag in weeks. Ok, months.

And now that spring is upon us, I'm thinking, "Tweed is such a winter fabric." So my soft, nougatty chic center demands a bag more fit for the season. My choice? I'd steal my friend Hillary's Reese Li Lexington in Marine Tadpole. Fabulous bag. Green and blue, my (and Andy's) colors. But, alas, I'm not spending on another fabulous diaper bag. But I do have my mom enlisted to make me an appropriately seasonal bag. And its almost done, which is a good thing, because Tweed is so last fall!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I do love my Reese Li!! It does not have all the accoutrements that your does though. That reminds me... I haven't used my extra outfit in some time - I bet it doesn't fit anymore!

    ReplyDelete